- All our staff are aware of our complaints procedure and know what to do if a complaint is received.
- If you have a complaint regarding a member of staff or the products and services we have provided, we want to know about it and will endeavour to resolve as quickly as possible.
- We aim to investigate all complaints fairly, efficiently and in a reasonable timeframe. All complaints will be handled in a consistent manner.
- Complaints will be treated sensitively, confidentially and in accordance with the HIES Scheme Rules and Code of Practice, which is the Consumer Code we adhere to (You will have received a copy of these with your contract) and in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- We aim to resolve complaints effectively and will ask whether you are satisfied with the resolution and if your complaint was handled fairly and appropriately.
- We view complaints as positive feedback and, where appropriate, will act constructively to avoid a recurrence. Complaints are reviewed regularly to identify trends, which we may need to investigate further.
- Complaints can be made verbally (by telephone or in person) and by email or letter.
- When we receive a complaint, the complaints handler will record it in the complaints log.
- Your complaint will be delegated to a suitable member of staff for investigation. They will acknowledge in writing within 3 working days of receipt, confirming who they are and when you can expect a further response.
- We endeavour to complete investigations and reach a satisfactory resolution within two weeks of receipt. In the unlikely event that the investigation takes longer, we will send you a progress report with an anticipated date for a final response, not more than 2 weeks later.
- The final response will contain details of actions taken during the investigation, the findings and resolution.
- If at any time you are not satisfied with how we are handling your complaint, you may refer your case to HIES, to request mediation, by telephoning 0344 324 5242 or alternatively, via the HIES website https://www.hiesscheme.org.uk/
- If all avenues have been exhausted and you remain unhappy, you can refer your case to The Ombudsman, who is entirely independent.
- The implementation of this policy and overall responsibility lies with senior management, who will review on a regular basis and update if necessary.
Adopted on ………………………………………..
Weatherseal Scotland Ltd Company No. SC706425 Registered in Scotland. 35 Newton drive Uddingston G716EU
Weatherseal Scotland Ltd
Unit 28 211 Cambuslang Road
0800 002 9340
How to make a complaint:
We aim to resolve complaints as quickly as possible and believe that, in most cases, complaints can be resolved informally. As such please contact us as soon as possible if you have a grievance.
If you contact us by telephone or in person, make a note of the person you have spoken to.
Make a note of any resolution offered immediately and whether you are satisfied with the outcome.
If you are not happy with the resolution offered, you may take the complaint to the formal stage.
Record your complaint in writing and send to Weatherseal Scotland Ltd unit 28 211 Cambuslang road Cambuslang g727ts
You will receive an acknowledgment within 3 working days of receipt of your written complaint.
Please include your telephone number and email address. We may contact you by telephone to ensure that we have understood your complaint properly.
Your complaint will be recorded in our complaints’ log and assigned for investigation.
You will receive a detailed response within 14 working days of receipt of your complaint, unless the investigation takes longer, which may involve a site visit. In which case you will receive a progress report and an expected date for when you will receive a final reply. This will be no longer than 14 working days later.
In the event of an unresolvable issue, You can refer Your case to Our nominated alternative dispute resolution provider through HIES. HIES can be contacted at Centurion House, Leyland Business Park, Centurion Way, Farington, Leyland, England, PR25 3GR or firstname.lastname@example.org
We agree, in the event of a dispute, we will exclusively attempt to resolve the dispute through using HIES’s alternative dispute resolution services.
Weatherseal Scotland Company No. SC706425, Registered in Scotland. 35 Newton Drive Uddingston G716EU